I got some different yarns to experiment weaving with, which is turning into a huge amount of fun and I can totally quit whenever I want. #JustKiddingI’mAddicted
This one is mercerized cotton, which has been treated to have a shine.
Wait a second, and let’s backtrack.
I forgot to mention that I bought white yarn and dyed it a speckled peacock blue and hot pink. Basically, after soaking it in soda ash, I sprinkled the blue dye powder over one half of the skein, and the pink dye powder over the other, and let it set for a couple of days before washing.
On the loom, the mercerized cotton naturally wove with lots of spacious gaps between the yarn, so it almost looked like a type of netting. However, after I washed it, all of those gaps disappeared and I got a decently solid fabric:
Now I need to figure out what to do with it.
1 thought on “Rigid Heddle loom project #2”
That turned out beautifully! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person