Since I recently had a baby and didn’t feel much like playing with dyes, I decided to buy crochet thread online for this project.
I ordered copper. What I got was … a diluted washed-out faded copper. Also known as: tan.
I will probably end up re-dying this thread before I use it again, because I’m not really into the “pastel brown” class of colors. I like my browns to be boldly brown.
Anyway, as an experiment I combined peach and yellow threads for the pattern, to see if I could get a “rose gold” effect. It looks much better in real life, especially because looking at it from different angles subtlety changes whether pink or yellow is more dominate.
Not that fond of the photo — it doesn’t give the proper overall effect.
And the “copper” was supposed to be much darker for better contrast. XP
I used a historic Norwegian pattern for this band, which is very pretty.